I am excited and available to speak with groups or lead programs in the Twin Cities area, but will also venture further when possible. With experience teaching, preaching and facilitating in diverse professional and volunteer settings, working with people from age 0 to 102, and over 6 years in professional ministry, I am passionate about helping others on the spiritual journeys.
My presentation method is interactive and inspirational. Would love to work with you to craft just the right program for your needs. Please complete the form at the end of this page or e-mail me at sistersunderthetrees (at) gmail.com.
Here are some possible topics and I am very open to your group’s interests:
- Mindfulness for Mothers/Parents: Helping ourselves and our kids live more peaceful lives.
- Listening to God: How to discern the Holy Spirit in your life and help those around you to do the same.
Noticing the Road Signs: Where is God Leading You? (uncovering your purpose)
- Going Deeper: Spiritual practices to strengthen your relationship with God and Christ and bring peace to your life.
- God’s Princesses: Celebrating God’s Calls for Us
- Spiritual Writing: Exploring our spiritual journeys through writing. (no writing experience needed)
- Living Your Faith: Naming what you believe and putting it into practice.
- Embracing Transitions: Acknowledging, managing, and celebrating good and not-so-good transitions
- The Legacy of Mothers: Living daily with the good and bad in a grace-filled way.
- Flourishing in Conflict: Taking God’s Approach to the Conflict in Our Lives
- Roles Have Changed: Ways to spiritually support older adults and ourselves.
- Biblical Sisters: Female mentors in the Bible.
- Sharing Our Faith with Our Children: Discovering and practicing how we can share our faith with the children in our lives. (This is for anyone with children in their lives. An optional session could include participation with a child of reasonable age – adult children too!)
- Presbyterian Church (USA) 101: A comprehensive overview of where it started to where it is now.
What people have said about Stephanie:
“Stephanie Friant is one of the most thoughtful, intuitive, supportive and sharing people I’ve ever had the pleasure to know. Her faith and sincerity shines through in everything she says, as well as in the way she treats the people around her. Her willingness to give of herself, of her time and open her heart speaks volumes to her devotion to God and her dedication to the people she serves. She is a gentle and focused leader, an incredible listener and a kind soul. I have grown so much by being part of the group that she leads at our church, and I feel so very blessed to know her.” – Adrienne of Minnetonka
“Stephanie is one of the most honest people I know is open to any and all questions, regardless of how obvious the answer may be. She has encouraged me along my spiritual path and leads our mothers group with confidence, poise and grace. She is very approachable, encouraging and inclusive. I never feel alone after sharing with her-whether it be about my faith questions or my mothering debacles.” Julie of Minnetonka
“Stephanie is a blessing. I have known her for 5 years now and watched her grow and help others on their faith journeys. Her love of God shines through her compassionate actions and words. Although she is soft-spoken and gentle, I believe her to be a wise and fierce warrior for God. Stephanie’s example makes me want to grow in my own knowledge, love and faith. I love the time I get to spend with her.” - Sheryl of Minnetonka
“In the past two years I have worked with Stephanie on several worship events. She has led two of our Stephen Ministry Fall workshops. She quickly grasps out theme and what we hope to accomplish, and leads us there through meaningful, applicable sessions. She works well with all age groups and has so much wisdom of our spiritual needs.
The other worship serve we planned together was our Church’s first Service of Light in the dark night of our souls. I approached her with an idea, not knowing where it would go or how we would get there. She ran with it, fleshing it out to encompass all types of loss and grief. It went far beyond a service of remembrance for the deceased. It is a wonderful template for an annual service that is much needed in our community.” - Karen Foot, Stephen Ministry Leader